We’re recruiting for an Area Fire Safety Support Advisor to cover our branches in England.
• 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
• Company car scheme
• Private healthcare
• Generous retail discounts
• Training opportunities
• Life assurance
• …. And much more!
Part time, 3 days per week, Wednesday - Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
This role will be based at the nearest Arnold Clark branch to your home and involves travelling to various Arnold Clark branches in England.
About the role
As our Area Fire Safety Support Advisor, you'll be responsible for co-ordinating fire safety standards across our branches and making sure all branches in your area are managing and maintaining our Group Fire Safety Management system within legal requirements.
The role would be a great fit for ex-fire service personnel with experience in enforcement.
- Liaising with employees at all levels to advise and assist with Fire Safety standards, offering support and guidance.
- Conducting fire risk assessments.
- Liaising with building control and enforcing authorities.
- Attending pre-start meetings (new-builds or refurbs).
- Reviewing plans and fire strategy drawings.
- Conducting post-incident investigations.
- Acting as a point of contact for enforcing authorities, architects and building control.
- Attending department monthly meetings and dedicated fire safety meetings.
Essential skills and experience
- Fire Safety Levels 3 and 4 (Auditors / Enforcers)
- Fire Risk Assessment training (e.g. CS Todd or similar)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- A full UK driving licence
- Good up to date knowledge of fire safety legislation
- Ability to work well with others and make decisions under pressure
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.