We’re recruiting for an Architectural Technologist/Technician to be based at our vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow, with site visits across the UK as required.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As an Architectural Technologist for Arnold Clark, you’ll be a vital part of the Projects team within the Group Estates department, working on new builds, alterations and refurbishments ranging in value from £10,000 to £5 million.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer at an exciting time of expansion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of six years post-qualification experience and have the flexibility to visit branches as part of the role.
- Assisting the Design Project Manager with feasibility studies and technical reviews for new build and alteration projects.
- Preparing technical drawings and specification packages for planning consent and building warrant applications.
- Preparing production information packages for tender – including GA and detailed technical drawings, schedules, specifications and U-value calculations.
- Liaising with both in-house and external construction professionals, as well as Arnold Clark stakeholders.
- Carrying out dimensional surveys of properties to prepare ‘as existing’ GA drawings.
- Help in the compiling and maintenance of a drawings database.
- Minimum 6 years’ post qualification (CIAT/MCIAT).
- Experience of AutoCAD LT and U-value calculation software.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft software packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of construction health and safety.
- Experience of commercial/retail and industrial building detailing.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Knowledge of SketchUp Pro or similar 3D modelling software.
- Understanding of NBS Building software.
- CSCS card holder.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car scheme, training and career development opportunities, flexible hours and a monthly lunch subsidy. You will also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including life assurance, free private healthcare and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.