We’re looking for an organised and approachable Accounts Assistant for our branch in Preston.
Part-time, Monday-Friday 8:30am-12:30pm
About the role
As an Accounts Assistant at Arnold Clark, you will report to the Branch Accountant and will be responsible for the daily processing of key accounts functions such as cash, bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be a fantastic team player, and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an accounts department.
- Daily cash handling, posting and allocating all cash receipts from our vehicle sales and aftersales departments.
- Daily posting and allocation of bank transactions and bank statement reconciliation.
- Daily registering and allocation of purchase invoices and liaising with department management for invoice authorisation.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Daily credit control.
- Attending monthly credit control meeting with department management.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Polite telephone manner.
- A proactive and process-driven approach.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Team player who works well meeting daily demands.
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel would be preferred, but training can be provided.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private healthcare, a Group pension scheme, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing date: 19 April 2021