We’re looking for an organised and approachable Accounts Assistant for our Head Office, Hillington.
Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am–5.00pm.
About the role
As an Accounts Assistant at Arnold Clark, you will report to the Head Office Accountant and will be responsible for the daily processing of key accounts functions such as cash, bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be a fantastic team player, and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an accounts department.
- Regular involvement in the bank payment process
- Agreeing Intercompany balances and reconciliations
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger
- Processing Purchase Ledger invoices
- Processing daily bank payments and bank reconciliations
- Processing staff expenses
- Preparing payment runs
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Credit Control
- Other ad hoc accounts department administration duties
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Polite telephone manner.
- A proactive and process-driven approach.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Team player who works well meeting daily demands.
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel would be preferred, but training can be provided.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private healthcare, a Group pension scheme, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.