We’re looking for an organised and approachable Accounts Assistant for our branch in Morecambe Vauxhall.
Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
As an Accounts Assistant at Arnold Clark, you will report to the Branch Accountant and will be responsible for the daily processing of key accounts functions such as cash, bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be a fantastic team player, and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an accounts department.
- Authorising bankline payments to customers.
- Authorising Vehicle Settlements.
- Sales and Purchase ledger day to day accounting functions.
- Processing internal payments across the group.
- Attending monthly credit control meeting with department management.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Polite telephone manner.
- A proactive and process-driven approach.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Team player who works well meeting daily demands.
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel would be preferred, but training can be provided.
In return, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance, sick pay cover, maternity & paternity packages, enhanced holiday packages and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.