We’re looking for an organised and approachable Accounts Assistant for our Arnold Buys your Car department in Motherwell.
Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
As an Accounts Assistant at Arnold Clark, you will report to the Branch Accountant and will be responsible for the daily authorising bankline payments to customers and other day to day accounting functions
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be a fantastic team player, and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working within an accounts department.
- Authorising bankline payments to customers.
- Authorising Vehicle Settlements.
- Sales and Purchase ledger day to day accounting functions.
- Processing internal payments across the group.
- Attending monthly credit control meeting with department management.
- Previous experience of working in an accounts role.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Polite telephone manner.
- A proactive and process-driven approach.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Team player who works well meeting daily demands.
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Excel would be preferred, but training can be provided.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private healthcare, a Group pension scheme, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.