We’re recruiting for a motivated and experienced Account Manager (Apprenticeship Levy and Commercial) to be based at our thriving training centre in the West Midlands.
Monday to Thursday, 9am – 5pm, Fridays 8.30am – 5pm.
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
Our skilled Account Managers are responsible for selling a vast portfolio of training courses, as well as promoting apprenticeships through the Apprenticeship Levy. This is a target-driven role with set objectives to be achieved monthly. You’ll develop, strengthen and explore all opportunities within an existing client base, as well as creating new prospects.
The right person for this exciting, fast-paced role will have experience of B2B sales with a proven track record of achieving targets. The ability to develop a positive rapport with customers and build solid relationships is key. You’ll also know how to plan your workload, sales calls and make quality appointments in order to achieve success.
- Demonstrating strong product knowledge to your customer base and taking a consultative approach to offering training solutions.
- Promoting GTG’s products over the phone or face-to-face with customers.
- Developing your own database with both existing and new customers.
- Proactively identifying, developing and engaging suitable new Levy-paying employers.
- Presenting to employers at a senior level, cross-selling other products and seizing all opportunities to offer clients a well-rounded service.
- Promoting the benefits of undertaking apprenticeship training to employers, overcoming barriers and giving advice and guidance about the most suitable avenue for customers to take.
- Negotiating SLAs with employer accounts to agree apprenticeship training requirements.
- Negotiating and agreeing apprenticeship training costs and payment schedules.
- Undertaking organisational needs analysis to identify key requirements of apprenticeship training programmes to match employers’ needs.
- Delivering a full customer sales cycle, from securing the sale to following up.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date client records.
- Initiative, as well as a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Ability to plan your workflow and deliver against set deadlines and targets.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Competency in using Excel and CRM systems.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality assurance.
- Be flexible and responsive to employer needs.
- Experience of working within a similar account management role within the work-based learning industry.
- Proven experience of managing and maximising large employer accounts.
The right candidate for the job will receive full training on our products, as well as one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check