We’re looking for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst to work in our IT department at Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours. Shifts will take place between 7am – 6pm.
You’ll also be asked to provide rotational weekend cover (one in four) and overtime will be paid.
About the role
Arnold Clark’s IT department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our rapidly growing business.
As a 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, you’ll have substantial previous experience of working in a busy IT Support Desk environment, preferably in a 2nd line position.
You’ll be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly expanding customer base and new applications. You may also be asked to provide weekend cover for sales and aftersales staff at our branches on a rota basis.
- Providing 2nd line user, hardware, software and network support for 12,500 employees at 180+ branches via our busy IT Support Desk, our incident and request management system (LANDesk) and by phone.
- Acting as Incident Comms Manager and Escalation / Queue Manager for the 2nd line Team on a rotational basis.
- Identifying and managing incidents and requests, liaising with third party suppliers.
- Training and mentoring our 1st line support team.
- Writing and updating technical information.
- Working with 3rd line teams to resolve incidents.
- Over 2 years’ IT support experience.
- Experience of computer hardware/software troubleshooting and problem solving in a MS Windows environment.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory user/group management.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies – TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN etc.
- • A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- • Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- • Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- • Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- • High levels of organisation with excellent communication skills.
- • Great time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Advanced knowledge of networking, switch, router, firewall configuration and support.
- MCP/MCSA/CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Experience/knowledge of ITIL.
- MS SharePoint experience
- Knowledge/experience of supporting Unified Comms Systems such as Cisco Call Manager/Finesse/ Jabber and Skype for Business.
- Knowledge/Experience of supporting Avaya IP Office-based phone systems.
In return for your skills, you will be offered a competitive salary, plus benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for progression, and we will provide training and career development.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.