We’re looking for an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst to work in our Digital department at our Kilbirnie Street and Hillington Head Office sites in Glasgow.
About the role
Arnold Clark’s IT department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our rapidly growing business.
As a 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, you’ll have substantial previous experience of working in a busy IT Support Desk environment, preferably in a 2nd line position.
You’ll be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly expanding customer base and new applications. You may also be asked to provide weekend cover for sales and aftersales staff at our branches on a rota basis.
- Providing 2nd line user, hardware, software and network support for 10,000 employees at 180+ branches via our busy IT Support Desk, our incident and request management system (Halo) and by phone.
- Acting as Incident Comms Manager and Escalation / Queue Manager for the 2nd line Team on a rotational basis.
- Identifying and managing incidents and requests, liaising with third party suppliers.
- Training and mentoring our 1st line support team.
- Writing and updating technical information.
- Working with 3rd line teams to resolve incidents.
- Over 2 years’ IT support experience.
- Experience of computer hardware/software troubleshooting and problem solving in a MS Windows environment.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory user/group managemen
- Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies – TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN etc.
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High levels of organisation with excellent communication skills.
- Great time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Advanced knowledge of networking, switch, router, firewall configuration and support.
- MCP/MCSA/CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Experience/knowledge of ITIL.
- MS SharePoint experience
- Knowledge/experience of supporting Unified Comms Systems such as Cisco Call Manager/Finesse/ Jabber and Skype for Business.