We are looking for a 2nd Line Application Support Team Leader for our busy IT Digital department in Glasgow.
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- Training and career development
- …and much more
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 8am-6pm (including weekend cover)
About the role
Arnold Clark’s Digital department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our business. Reporting to the Support Desk Manager, you will be responsible for providing software and access support within the Support team structure. Providing account and software administration support to over 11,000 staff across 200+ branches, you will be joining a team of analysts who respond to incidents and requests both over the telephone and via our ITSM self-service portal.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working as a team leader in an IT support desk 2nd line environment and be able to work effectively under pressure. You will be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly evolving customer base and bespoke applications.
- Act as escalation point for the Applications team
- Act on Microsoft Teams escalations and delegate where appropriate.
- Assist with problem calls and escalated incidents, requests, emails and chats. Escalating where appropriate.
- Managing No value queues (incident and request) assigning to analysts/field and escalating issues to SDM where needed.
- Attend CAB as part of weekly CAB duties and update to team of weekly updates and changes.
- Attend overview of new products and services.
- Attend fortnightly desk operation leadership meetings and weekly desk leadership meetings.
- Assist with training and mentoring new members of the team and other support teams.
- Act as a team ambassador
- Identify training needs of team to work with SDM to implement support and training.
- Liaising successfully with third party suppliers to deliver successful solutions.
- Responsible for 2nd line Application Sharepoint site, ensuring articles are up to date and work with SDM and Desk Leadership team on new articles to help further team training.
- 2 or more years’ IT support experience, preferably in a 2nd line application support role.
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience of managing a team of 2nd line analysts.
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Highly organised with excellent communication and presentation skills to explain technical details.
- Great time management and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A great team player.
- Experience of computer networking and network hardware configuration.
- Experience of LAN/WAN technologies: TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN etc.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience or knowledge of web testing methodologies.
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL.
In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for career progression and you will be provided with training and development opportunities throughout.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.