We are looking for a 2nd Line Application Support Team Leader for our busy IT department in Glasgow.
Part-time, 2 days a week (Job share – 15 hours)
Monday and Wednesday 9am – 5pm
About the role
Arnold Clark’s IT department, based in brand-new premises at Allison Street in Glasgow, delivers technical solutions across our rapidly growing business of over 11,000 employees.
As a 2nd Line Application Support Team Leader, you’ll be asked to deliver remote and customer-facing support for Arnold Clark’s expanding internal applications.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working as a team leader in an IT support desk 2nd line environment and be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Web and application troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Working with the development team and third parties, dealing with the escalation of incidents and requests.
- Identifying and managing faults.
- Mentoring, managing and training 2nd and 1st line analysts.
- Liaising successfully with third party suppliers to deliver successful solutions.
- 2 or more years’ IT support experience, preferably in a 2nd line application support role.
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience of managing a team of 2nd line analysts.
- A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Great time management and ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- A great team player.
- Experience of computer networking and network hardware configuration.
- Experience of LAN/WAN technologies: TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN etc.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience or knowledge of web testing methodologies.
- Experience or knowledge of ITIL.
In return for your skills and experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for career progression and you will be provided with training and development opportunities throughout.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.