We’re looking for an experienced 2nd Line Application Support Analyst to work in our IT department at Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours from 7am – 6pm.
You may be required to provide rotational weekend cover and overtime will be paid.
About the role
Arnold Clark’s IT department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our rapidly growing business.
As a 2nd Line Application Support Analyst, you’ll have substantial previous experience of working in a busy IT support desk environment, preferably in a 2nd line position.
You’ll be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly expanding customer base and new applications. You may also be asked to provide weekend cover for sales and aftersales staff at our branches on a rota basis.
- Providing 2nd line user support for bespoke software applications via our incident and request management system (LANDesk), phone and email.
- Web and application troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Identifying and managing faults, liaising with third party suppliers.
- Training and mentoring our 1st line support team.
- Writing and updating technical information.
- Working with 3rd line teams and the Digital Product Development department to test changes.
- Over 2 years’ IT support experience.
A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
Ability to stay calm under pressure.
Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High levels of organisation with excellent communication skills.
- Great time management skills and the ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of working in an application support role.
- Quality Assurance certification and experience/knowledge of web testing methodology.
- Experience/knowledge of ITIL.
• Understanding of LAN/WAN technologies – TCP/IP, Ethernet, ADSL, VPN etc.
- Experience/Knowledge of Kerridge/Rev8 DMS application
In return for your skills, you will be offered a competitive salary, plus benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for progression, and we will provide training and career development.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.