We’re looking for an experienced 1st Line Technical Support Analyst to work in our IT Department at Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours from 7.00am – 6.00pm.
You will be required to provide rotational weekend cover (1 in 4) and overtime will be paid.
About the role
Arnold Clark’s IT department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our rapidly growing business.
Providing 1st line support to over 12,500 staff across 180 branches, you will be joining a team of analysts responding to incidents and completing requests both over the telephone and via our ITSM self-service portal.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a busy IT support desk environment. You’ll be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly expanding customer base and new applications.
• Providing 1st line user, hardware and software support to Arnold Clark employees in branches across the UK, via our busy IT support desk, our incident and request management system (LANDesk) and on the phone.
• Writing and updating technical information.
• Acting as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries.
• Providing timely, first-time call resolution for technical support issues while following company policies and standards.
• Accurately logging and monitoring all incidents to help identify potential problem trends.
• Escalating incidents to our 2nd line teams.
• Ensuring the appropriate incident management and request fulfilment processes are followed effectively.
• Engaging in continuous service improvement initiatives to support business objectives.
• Ensuring that the appropriate escalation path is followed for priority incidents and requests.
• Working with the relevant teams to create training documentation and user guides regarding the use of Arnold Clark bespoke applications.
• A general knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure with an ability to learn new tools/areas quickly.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems and suites.
• Knowledge or experience of Active Directory/Exchange.
• Understanding of ITIL best practice for service desk and ITIL service management.
• Analytical thinking/decision making skills.
• Ability to provide high quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
• The flexibility to handle rapidly changing priorities.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
In return for your skills, you will be offered a competitive salary, plus benefits including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts. This role offers good opportunities for progression, and we will provide training and career development.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.