We are looking for an experienced Software/Access Support Desk Analyst to work in our Digital department. The role will be based at home with occasional working at our Hillington Head Office.
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- Training and career development
- …and much more
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm. You will also be required to provide rotational weekend cover (1 in 4).
About the role
Arnold Clark’s Digital department is responsible for delivering technical solutions across our business. Reporting to the Support Desk Manager, you will be responsible for providing software and access support within the Support team structure. Providing account and software administration support to over 11,000 staff across 200+ branches, you will be joining a team of analysts who respond to incidents and requests both over the telephone and via our ITSM self-service portal.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a busy IT Support Desk environment. You will be an adaptable team player with the skills to deliver remote and customer-facing support for our constantly evolving customer base and bespoke applications.
- The primary function of a 1st Line Software/Access Support Desk Analyst is to deliver an outstanding level of customer service to the AC Group.
- Providing 1st line user, software, hardware and application support to Arnold Clark employees throughout the UK.
- Writing and updating technical information.
- Providing timely, first-time call resolution for technical support issues while following company policies and standards.
- Accurately logging and monitoring all incidents to help identify potential problem trends.
- Escalating incidents to our 2nd line teams.
- Ensuring the appropriate incident management and request fulfilment processes are followed effectively.
- Engaging in continuous service improvement initiatives to support business objectives.
- Ensuring that the appropriate escalation path is followed for priority incidents and requests.
- Working with the relevant teams to create training documentation and user guides regarding the use of Arnold Clark bespoke applications.
- Ensuring that the information within the software and purchasing system is available and accessible.
- Taking responsibility for maintaining the appropriate level of detail required for configuration items
- Assisting with PO process and align with software and purchasing system.
- Taking responsibility for entering, amending and monthly reporting on all software within Software Organiser/chosen software tool.
- Assisting with mover and leaver process, within current support processes.
- Assisting with the onboarding process for new-starts.
- Maintaining shared email addresses used for communications for all suppliers into the department.
- Assisting with software installation procedures within support desk where appropriate.
- Assisting with license assignments, reconciliation and reporting (Office 365/PO System).
- A general knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure with an ability to learn new tools/areas quickly.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems and suites (Windows 10, Office 365)
- Knowledge or experience of Active Directory/Exchange administration
- Analytical thinking/decision-making skills.
- Ability to provide high-quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- The flexibility to handle rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Strong written and communications skills.
- A focused team player.
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Great time management and the ability to prioritise multiple work streams.
- Ability to work from home and office based.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of Microsoft Teams and Office 365 administration
- Exposure to Cisco telephony, Jabber and Finesse
- Knowledge of MS SharePoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory user administration
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.